Saturday, May 28, 2011

No Angst This Time! :D

Hey kids, it's time for a post on a particulaly awesome day in my life.

Thursday night, I discovered the perfect cut jeans for myself but couldn't find my size in my price range, so Friday started out with me finally finding them (and my butt looks stellar in them, thank you), and the library had one of my favorite movies (Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie), and then boyfriend and I shared a bloomin' onion for dinner and caught a movie I've been dying to see since it was in production. It's called "FORKS OVER KNIVES," and it's a documentary on how nutirtion affects diseases of affluence (heart disease, cancer, strokes, diabetes, hypertension, etc.). It's based, largely, off the work of Caldwell Esselstyn, MD, and T. Colin Campbell, MD. I don't currently have time to write a full review of the film (will follow, no worries), but it's amazing. I can't say it changed my life because Campbell's book, The China Study, already did, but it changed boyfriend's. That alone makes driving past four theaters to get to the only one showing FOK worth it.

SO! Hometown peeps, head out to the plaza and WATCH IT. It'll make you think. This is one of the few films I've seen where movie goers clustered outside the exit to chat about what they'd seen and ask serious, thoughtful questions.

Also, boyfriend is amazing and y'all should be jealous. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment