Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Senior Year, Semester One

Holy crap, I'm a senior. When did that happen?

It's been weird getting used to school this semester. My house is the same, my roommates are the same, but I'm painting now and boyfriend is living in a different city. The painting is okay, I guess, but the second part is kind of suck. Seeing as this is the worst thing that's ever happened in our relationship though, I should probably count myself lucky and just shut up.

On the painting front, I'm in two painting classes (2&3) simultaneously so that I can still graduate on time, and I'm thinking that for all of my P2 projects, I'll focus on style variation and medium control, and for my P3 assignments, I'll do a series on pigs. It's not exactly going to be all snorts and sunshine, though. I'll probably do three or four adorable paintings and the last one will be either a plate of bacon or a picture of "blooding," which is where a hog is hung upside down and has its throat slit. Yes, it's gruesome, but the American fantasy of a green pasture with happy little pigs rolling in the mud is utter crap and people should be aware.

But for now, here's the first adorable painting.


It still needs some love in some places, but it's generally done.

Moving on, my a cappella group recorded all (most of) our new songs on Saturday and we should have a CD ready to sell by our Spring concert at the end of March. So stoked!! It's going to be awesome, and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'll try to actually blog this semester. Jill and I have been experimenting a lot with cooking, so maybe exciting food stuff will appear on here. This will not become a food blog. There are already a ton of those that are much better than this one would be (Vegan Yum Yum, Use Real Butter, etc.).

If anyone still reads this thing, thanks for sticking around! I'll try not to disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment