Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Today was a truly wonderful Christmas Eve. I slept in, learned to play a new song on the piano, cooked a perfect butternut squash risotto, danced like an idiot in my kitchen with my big brother to the crappy country station he had playing on pandora, played with my little cousins at my grandma's house, and finished off the night with a blast from the past e-mail from a friend I've been missing. I couldn't have asked for more, and Santa can't top today.

Well, he could bring me Tristan, but since he's scheduled to arrive before New Year's Eve anyway, I may as well just wait patiently.

I may have lost my voice from this weird sinus infection, and I may hate cold weather, but this has been an absolutely wonderful holiday so far and I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you, Life, for being really great sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment