Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I love you, Labor Day

This weekend was fantastic, I so wish it could have continued for another day or two. Friday night, our friend Laura was in town and full of stories from spending her summer travelling solo across Europe. I think my favorite people were the Italian army captain who took her out for kebobs and gelato and the German tourist her friend met who was full of weird and awkward humor. I still get a kick out of thinking of that kid. To cap the night off right, we made apple crisp and watched Princess Bride. (Jill, Laura, and I ate the entire apple crisp by ourselves in the space of two hours. Never again. Eugh.)

The next morning, we threw a small breakfast party with our friend Dixie who'd had to leave early the night before and with Tristan, the aforementioned beau of mine. I have such a dnagerous addiction of hasbrowns. Dear whoever invented hashbrowns, thank you for making it socially acceptable for me to eat crumbly french fries for breakfast. You're my hero.

The rest of Saturday was spent lazing about with Tristan and playing videogames. Unfortuantely, I didn't think to pack my memory card with my PS2, so those many hours of Chrono Trigger are now lost to all time. But that's okay, it's not like I haven't gotten through the game a hundred times and it's not like I won't a hundred more. Hey, guess what my favorite videogame is!

Sunday was supposed to the "productive day." I ended up baking cookies, watching two movies at my house, making really, really yummy butternut squash risotto for dinner with Tristan, and then going to Jeremy's to watch Whose Line Is It Anyway? and the entire works of Shakespeare in about an hour and a half. The Shakespeare thing was hilarious and I urge all of you (especially those who don't enjoy his work) to watch it. At some point during Whose Line, Tristan and I decided that we should out for pancakes and other breakfast foods that night, but the only late-night diner in town was closed. =( It was very sad.

It was closed again on Monday night (after I spent nearly four hours playing FFIV with no possibility of saving), so we went to Walmart and just got stuff to make our own breakfast party and stayed up till 1 making pancakes and eggs and hashbrowns. Best. Night. Ever. (Did I mention I love hashbrowns?)

But now it's back to real life and classes and being covered in rock dust and reading books with big words in them and glancing wistfully at the PS2. But now, I'm off! My a cappella group is having an info meeting tonight about auditions, and an insane number of people have signed up for info already. This could turn out to be an interesting season. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment