Monday, October 18, 2010

WHO GAVE YOU THIS IDEA?

Dear WHOLE FREAKIN WORLD,

I am not a panacea to anyone's problems. Texting me at two in the morning will not solve anything, but it will make me really, really tired and angry. If you are looking for advice from me, DON'T DO IT AT 2 AM. If you have a real problem, I can try really hard to be there for you. If you want to whine to me or just inform me of something totally unimportant, don't. Just don't. Should the aim of this post ever read it, I'd like you to know that this isn't directed at one person. There are multiple people who think it's okay to text me in the middle of the night about nothing. I'm sorry that your sleep cycle is screwed up, but MINE ISN'T. Or at least it wasn't and I'd like that back, thanks.

If things are going really wrong and I can actually do something about it (ei, we live in the same town/state/time zone), that's fine. Go ahead and reach out to me. If something is really wrong and I can't do something about it, find someone else who can and text them at 2am. If things aren't horribly wrong but just kind of suck, regardless of where you live, DON'T TEXT ME THAT LATE. I will be much more helpful and much less bitter about your problem when I'm not exhausted.

Let me reiterate that this isn't directed at one person. Hell, it's not even directed at two people. This is for everyone who can't figure out that darkness=sleeping to most people.

Do.
Not.
Text.
Me.
After.
10pm.

Ever.
(unless it's really super important and I can actually do something about it)

K, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment